And now, I have "committed" another recipe for Eat Organic ... of raw brownies decadent (follow the link for the recipe). I hesitated before offering this recipe, it is not quite as healthy as a salad, one suspects! But for many people, the desserts are a "gateway" to the raw food diet ... so I dared!
And here's a quick ice cream to do if you have any remaining brownies. Do I need to say that kids love?
Ice banana brownies
- 2 or 3 bananas 1 banana frozen
- unfrozen
- 1 or 2 squares raw brownies decadent (optional frosting)
Place unfrozen bananas in the bowl of a food processor with the blade "S" or the blender (Vita-Mix type for me). Puree before adding the frozen bananas. Run it (leaving a little respite from your poor camera between bouts) until the bananas are miraculously be transformed into ice cream creamy, scraping the sides with a spatula as needed.
Pour ice into a large bowl and mix brownies cut into small pieces. Stir gently with a spatula to avoid breaking brownie bites.
Ideally, we serve immediately, but otherwise we just keep in the freezer and leave in the fridge a good fifteen minutes before serving.
0 comments:
Post a Comment