Monday, January 24, 2011

Can Muslim Women Wear Shorts

Blueberry

I know, I'm totally out of season! It probably has the coldest days of winter and we are eating desserts! Well I'm not the only one, since the beginning of the month, Laura presented a cocoa and ginger ice and Marie-Eve, an ice cashews, almonds and crunchy maple-cranberry , two recipes, raw vegan ice to without ice cream maker. So I could not resist and I let myself be drawn into this delicious ice madness!

The oranges are so good and beautiful that I have recently chosen as the basis for my sherbet. I still have wild blueberries from last summer in my freezer, it seemed a harmonious marriage. As finishing touch, a little vanilla, totally optional, but adds a deeper note to fruity sorbet. Try winter or summer!

Orange Sorbet Blueberry
(4 small servings)
  • 3 oranges, peeled, quartered and frozen 1 orange, peeled
  • , unfrozen
  • 1 cup (250 mL) frozen blueberries
  • about 1 cm vanilla bean , scraped to keep only the small seeds (optional)
In a food processor or blender powerful first reduce pureed orange unfrozen with vanilla and then add 3 frozen orange wedges.
When the preparation is homogenous, add frozen blueberries and let turn a little more.
Ideally, we serve immediately. Because this sorbet contains no added sugar or fat, it becomes very hard in the freezer. If however you do so in advance and store in the freezer, simply remove it in the fridge about fifteen minutes before serving, it will be a little more cooperative!

0 comments:

Post a Comment